Saturday, December 17, 2011

Its all in the details



The things that make a great layout is the attention to the little things. As seen in the previous post I knew the best way to give a true C&O fashion signal was to find and adapt a signal box for all my searchlights. Well some of the other details that are defiantly not going to be easy are the little things. Mileposts along the division were marked from Saginaw (Potter St. depot MP 0.0) all the way to Ludington docks (MP 137.7) Now no manufacture makes these listed so I am currently making my own from Plastruct triangular styrene. Along the ROW there were all makes and models and sizes of signal boxes but a good handful are of the one seen above. Again no manufacturer makes these so I am constructing them from styrene as close as I can (minus the bullet holes)

No comments:

Post a Comment